Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bullets

* It snowed this morning. Only for about a minute, and it didn't stick, but it SNOWED. That's all I'm saying about that.

* Pacey came to me yesterday and said, "Cake, Mama. Eat cake." Guess what I made for him today? (why yes, my children are over-indulged at times).

* I chatted briefly to the mother of a sixth-grader at Pacey's school that also has Down syndrome. She commented that Pacey talks really well. That has happened to me exactly zero times in his life. Speech has been such a challenge for him and progress feels so incredibly slow at times. But WOW has he made progress this last year. I owe a lot to his speech therapist. It was good to have that perspective.

* I'm already struggling with the daylight hours decreasing. I keep thinking about getting one of those alarm clocks that slowly lights up to wake you. Anyone have any experience with them? The last few mornings Brighton has come down to my bedroom and I've been convinced it's the middle of the night until I check my watch and realize it's 6:00 am.

* The Precipitation-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named did spur me into action on the task of reorganizing my mudroom closet. It was a big project that involved moving shelving between three different rooms in the house. I wish I had a "before" picture to post here because the result is making me pathetically happy and I'd love to share. Sadly, I have replaced the bug spray and sunscreen in my pocket organizer with hats, gloves and hand warmers.

* This post is so boring I can't even bring myself to continue it (you're welcome). Weekends are definitely harder from a posting perspective.

1 comment:

Elsha said...

Some days just need cake. (We had cake today as well.)