Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Snowy Day

We received a blanketing of 16 inches of snow over the weekend, turning everything into winter overnight. Although I don't love snow, it'd definitely reached the point where if it's going to be cold there might as well be snow to play in.

The temps were too cold for the kids to play outside at school Monday morning (the cut off is 0 degrees with the windchill) but we bundled up in the afternoon and went out to shovel off the deck. Hooray for child labor! One child was genuinely helpful while the other preferred to throw large chunks of snow onto areas I'd already shoveled. 50% isn't bad...




This child is an absolute snow bunny. She'd stay out for hours if allowed.

"Ornaments" according to B

He doesn't love the cold quite as much...

Snow cap on the smoker

Proof I went outside at least once this winter

1 comment:

Heather said...

We have yet to get 1 inch of snow on the ground - which is really, really, really weird for my neck of the woods. That said, I don't miss it at all. I definitely fall in line with Pacey's suspicion of the white stuff- just looking at his cold cheeks gives me the shivers. Sadly, my kids are more like Miss B and would be out in it all day every day if we had it.

Here's hoping we do get a white Christmas though!