Tuesday, December 6, 2011

'Twas the Night Before Wednesday

I've always loved the idea of collecting 25 Christmas books for kids and wrapping them individually each year so that the kids can open one to read each night in December. However, I haven't quite gotten my act together to collect the books yet so we just have a basket of the ones we do have sitting out in the living room. The kids have actually sat down at least once a day to look through the books, so I think when I finally do get my act together they will love it.

Anyway, today's activity was to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. My mom gave Pacey a beautiful copy for Christmas in 2008. We all snuggled up together in one of the armchairs and I took some silly pictures of us. Lest it sound too idyllic, while I was trying to get an adorable picture of the two kids with the book, the below happened:




...and shortly thereafter, Brighton fell over the side of the chair, took out half a dozen ornaments and smacked her head.

The kids loved the story though, and it was just one of those moments that you wait for as a parent, to get to share a little of the magic you remember (sniffing their freshly washed hair was pretty nice too).

Not quite recovered from her tumble


These kids give a mean kiss sandwich...Lucky Mama

No comments: