Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Finding THEIR Fuel

One of the things I am most grateful for is that my kids are so very good at entertaining themselves. I do let them watch movies, but more often than not when I go downstairs to check on them, they are playing in the playroom and not actually watching the movie. They make up silly games ("going to sleep" is still one of their favorite games and one I think my sister is hoping they will teach my nephew when they're here in a few weeks) and half the time I have no idea what they are playing.

Don't get me wrong, I actually do like playing with my kids especially now that we can do more interesting activities like puzzles and even some of the simplest board games. But when I need to get some things done or, like this morning, when I was feeling a little under the weather and wanted to lay down for a few minutes, it's really nice knowing that they can amuse themselves.

Here's a series of photos of them I snapped this morning. They are not technically allowed in the hot tub room, which is adjacent to the master bedroom, but sometimes we forget to lock that door and they sneak in. The cover is far too heavy for them to lift (and I don't think they actually know what is under there) so they aren't in danger and what they really love to do is jump around and dance on the cover of the tub. Silly monkeys.









No comments: