Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Great

We had a visit this week from the kids' great-grandparents (my mom's dad and his partner, Vicki). I was lucky enough to get to spend a pretty good amount of time with my great-grandparents as a kid and it meant a lot that Papo and Vicki made the long drive over from Wisconsin to see us. Pacey and Brighton were thrilled to have two more people to give them attention - not to mention, I think they know when I am a little distracted by guests and they can get away with more!

We really only had one day to plan an activity so we went to the Landscape Arboretum in nearby Chaska, MN. Amazingly, considering that it's only really been summer for a week or two, the temperature topped out at 104 degrees while we were there. Thankfully there was a good amount of shade and lots of fountains so we were able to stay cool enough to enjoy the gardens.

The only downer of the day was that I (stupidly) allowed Brighton to bring Number One blankie (NOB) out with her. I usually try to bring only a back-up blankie with us to prevent any ill-fortune to NOB. However, see earlier comment about being a little distracted and she got away with her prized possession. Well, fast forward to about 3/4 the way through our wander and B started crying for her blankie, which was nowhere to be seen. We re-traced our steps (did I mention it was 104 degrees?!?) and no blankie. Panicking a little, I dragged everyone back to the car where THANKFULLY we found NOB in the trunk where I had put it while I slathered on the sunscreen. Reminder to self: do not take chances with Number One Blankie!!!

Here are some pictures from the visit:










Thanks Papo and Vicki, we look forward to our next visit!

1 comment:

Patti said...

your little guy is ADORABLE!! :)