Thursday, December 8, 2011

First Class

Well, yesterday I had the genius idea to have the kids help me with our Christmas cards. Let me ask you...do you think that is a smart idea with a 2.5 and 5 year old? Yeah, you're right, it wasn't. A combination of me being a little...particular shall we say, and the kids' perception of stamps as stickers meant that the activity mostly consisted of me harping at them. Advent FAIL. We ultimately settled on an assembly line that worked; Brighton placed the stamp with some help from me (this went a lot more smoothly after I suggested she use her left hand which she is much more dexterous with) and Pacey was pretty happy to stack up the stamped envelopes. My sister gets here tomorrow and the activities should get a little more festive for the duration of their visit. I think I will save the rest of the card-related chores for post-bedtime from now on!!

No comments: