Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tempestuous

It's only Tuesday and this already feels like a long week! It's our first week with both kids' school schedules in full swing and I haven't quite figured out how to make everything run smoothly yet.

Drop off seems to be getting harder rather than easier for Brighton. This morning she clung to me with surprisingly strong arms and nothing could distract her enough to ease the transition. Finally I disentangled myself and handed her, howling, to her teacher, and then Pacey plopped himself down in the classroom and refused to leave. I hauled him out of there and left, nerves jangling.

Brighton was, of course, just fine when I came to pick her up. We had to get home and eat a quick lunch in time to get Pacey to school for the afternoon. Another change in our routine. We got Pacey installed in his classroom (no separation issues there!!) and as we left B launched into one of her epic tantrums, wailing for Pacey, refusing to let me buckle her in, etc. She sobbed the whole way home, repeating "where Pacey go?" over and over. Argh.

She's now asleep in her bed - thank heavens - and I feel like a stiff drink. I think that tends to be frowned upon at 1:30 in the afternoon so I guess I'll just go empty the dishwasher.

Parenting: not for the fainthearted.

On the bright side:


This kid couldn't have been more excited to go to school :)

1 comment:

Kelley said...

If its after 12 noon, you won't get any looks from me about the drink! ;)

Hope the routine gels up soon for you-cheers!