Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Back to School

Pacey started second grade today. He was beside himself with excitement. He has a great teacher. His best buddy has the desk next to him. About half the class are friends from his first grade class. His teacher confided that she and the other second grade teacher were duking it out for who got to have Pacey in their class. It's going to be a great year.

Orange is his favorite color. 


Brighton will start kindergarten on Thursday...in our district the first two days of school are used to do kindergarten assessments so she will have her very own first day. I don't know if I've blogged that they will be at different schools, but they will. Pacey attends a school a couple of miles away where they concentrate special education resources and are therefore able to follow a full inclusion model. He receives busing through special education services. Our neighborhood school is about a half mile away and Brighton is not eligible for busing to another school. I thought about driving them both to Pacey's school but then I'd be committed to having Archer there too, since he and B will overlap by a couple of years, and it just seems silly. Both schools are excellent, and this way each has their own turf. I like that Brighton will go to school with the neighborhood kids. I'm going to try walking in the mornings while the weather is nice, and she will ride the bus home (no way am I sacrificing another child's naptime if I don't have to!!) Pics to come on Thursday!

And I get to look forward to lots of quality time with this guy. Can't pretend I'm not happy about it. :)



1 comment:

Heather said...

How did Pacey do?? No doubt he rocked it. Good luck to B tomorrow!