Thursday, December 20, 2012

Spreading the Word

I was shopping in Bath & Body Works the other day (apparently I like to smell like a 12-year-old girl) and while browsing the shelves, an employee of the store came over to me. "Hi," she said enthusiastically, "have you found your faith?"

Now, I'm no stranger to being approached by people wishing to share their gospel with me, but I have to say this was the first time it had ever happened in this setting.

"Excuse me?", I said, a bit startled.

She repeated herself. "Have you found your faith?"

I didn't really know how to respond to this particular line of inquiry while I was examining body scrubs, so I just stared at her blankly. Her face mirrored my feeling of confusion and I could almost hear her thinking, "what's your problem lady?"

"Your favorite scent?" she tried one more time.

OOOOOHHHHHHHH, my FAVE. Yes, thanks for your help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) OMG LOL... Don't you love how people seem to shorten everything?

Heather said...

Well, it's one thing to smell like a 12 year old girl, so glad you don't communicate like one!

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday!